Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Snow

This morning I woke up to snow covering everything. It was perfect snow, it stuck to everything but the roads - so they were easy to drive on, but all the mountains are white! It is beautiful.
Kyle Orton, the Bears QB got hurt this past Sunday - he could be out up to 4 weeks, but it looks like he'll be back sooner; however he won't be playing this Sunday, so I have to sit through another Rex Grossman game - I thought I was done with that, I don't need that in my life.
I have really enjoyed watching Derrick Rose (the #1 pick in the 2008 NBA draft) in his first 4 games this season - he is so much faster that humans should be allowed to be, he reminds me of my friend Kyle - explosive.
I read that book "Twilight" because I'd heard so much about it, but since I'm not a 15 year old girl and I'm not into vampires I didn't enjoy it very much. I also saw the Indiana Jones movies this past weekend for the first time (we don't get out to the movies with kids, plus the closest movie theater with more than one screen is 50 minutes from our house) - Aliens, really. Shame on you George and Steven. I also watched a documentary called "Cocain Cowboys" about the Miami cocain scene in the 70's and 80's - very informative and interesting.
I think I'm going to read Terry Brooks' Shannara series next - I've always been a bit opposed to reading Brooks, especially since, from what I've heard, he basically just remakes LOTR, but then I decided - I loved LOTR and when I read for fun, I want to have fun - so what if it is predictable and derivitive material - I bet I'll enjoy it (I'll let you know).
I hate daylight savings time. I love the new yeast rolls Amy makes! I hate Rex Grossman. I love watching my girls get excited about things (like the snow).

1 comment:

Test said...

Hey Justin, I think you'll love Terry Brooks, its a much much easier read than LOTR, Have you been to his website? www.terrybrooks.net. They have a list of suggested reading order in case you need it. Hope you enjoy it!