Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cascade :(

Sadly, Cascade College will be closing it's doors at the end of the Spring 2009 semester. My life has been blessed by Cascade and I still don't know exactly how to feel about this news - I'm kind of in shock, kind of in denail, the grieving process hasn't started yet. Here are a few of my favorite Cascade memories

Meeting Amy
The Lower JC - hours of wasted time and classes skipped, but relationships built.
No dinner on Sunday - really? No food for 250 people living here depending on the cafateria for food and it's closed?
Rich Jandt doing things.
Shawn Jones handing out 89's.
What wooden mallet?
The cafeteria prank in which Rich wrote Lamda Chi Omega on everything and the Lamda president got chewed out by the cafeteria staff.
Different color water on each floor of York-Landreth.
Room 302.
Colored mice.
Alvin Chan's revenge.
James Wood going from Alpha Chi to failure to Alpha Chi
Kingsmen
Wes Harrison watching TBN every night in our room (he didn't live there).
The black pepper incedent.
Ryan Peters vs. the drunk security guard
Billy McKenzie's blue suit
Ryan Emmons and I trying to walk to Wal-Mart

So many good memories, I am flooded with them right now - not all of which can be detailed here. Any Cascade memories you have?

2 comments:

rich jandt said...

Yes, I will miss the fun we had at Cascade.

What if we bought it, and opened a commune. It would be awesome.

Unknown said...

Hmmm, Cascade memories?
Well, let's see... pledge week and your pledge name will be forever stuck in my brain!
And perhaps having dinner with you in the JC after you started dating Amy. Just so you know I wasn't sure if you were good enough for her so I was just being an over protective Delta sister. I guess you turned out okay! Who knew we'd be in-laws huh?
I also liked going to your house in Vancouver after I'd graduated. Married students are so different from on-campus students!
Fun times! Love ya brother