Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Another reason I like Colorado

On a few occasions today, I have turned to look out my window, it has been beautifully sunny out with snowflakes falling. Sunny and snowing. I had a dream last night that it had snowed like 2 feet when I woke up and I didn't have a snow shovel. I think this dream had a lot of help from reality - Denver was getting snow last night and it was on the local (our local channels come from Denver) news weather forecast right before I went to bed. And, I don't have my snow shovel yet - so I dreamed about it. Also, I think I might buy snow tires soon, I wouldn't normally, but I drive 20 miles to work each day and it might be helpful to have those studded tires.

The church is having a worship weekend this weekend, we have Kip Long, the worship leader at Sycamore View Church of Christ in Memphis coming to lead, and I think it is going to be a really great weekend for our church. I've already been really encouraged by our succesfull launch with our small group ministry - we've had 75-80% particpation! God is good and it is a lot of fun to join him in his work.

2 comments:

James T Wood said...

Dude, Kip rocks! I am so jealous that you get to hang out with him. Say, "Hi," to him for us.

Amy and Family said...

I just looked up the weather and it is currently 10 degrees in Glenwood Springs!