Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cold

So, I decided that after living here for 6 months and having TX plates with registration that expired in June I should go get my CO liscense plates this morning. To do this, I had to go to the Garfield County Courthouse, which is located in downtown Glenwood Springs. There is no parking downtown to be found and I had to park a loooonnnng ways from the courthouse. I don't generally wear a coat - because I go from my house to the car and from my car to the church. It is warm everywhere I am, much to warm for me to have stupid long sleeves on. Well, I had to walk basically to Denver from my car in 10 degrees and it felt cold. I got to the courthouse and forgot that they have metal detectors and no knives allowed in courthouses. I had to walk back to my car to ditch my leatherman. Then walk back to the courthouse. I went and did all the registration stuff, then noticed the sign that the county clerk doesn't accept credit/debit cards - of course they don't. I don't ususally carry any cash and never carry the checkbook, and there is no ATM in the courthouse - so back outside and a nice little 3 block walk to the ATM, then back, through the metal detector for the 3rd time and finally, my car looks like a local.

I'm rooting for the Phillies in the World Series. I'm reading a book called Twelve Keys to an Effective Church by Kennon L. Callahan right now. I'm excited because my friend John Kirklin is coming to visit next week. NBA season starts next week - go Bulls. I saw a electric pumpkin carver on Amazon's Gold Box deal of the day yesterday and almost bought it. We have sucky knives at home and they don't carve pumpkins very well. I need to buy a snow shovel.

No comments: