Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fringe

I watched Fox's new show "Fringe" last night and I loved it! Fringe is written and produced by JJ Abrams (Lost) and it deffinately has a bit of a "Lost" flavor to it, not a stuck on an island with smoke monsters and polar bears, but the sense that there is going to be a very large, over arching plot line running throughout the series. However, it will have a bit of an "X-Files" flavor as they track down cases that fall into the "fringe sceience" catagory (that is where the series takes it's name - "fringe" science, like invisibility, reanimation, teleportation, etc.)
Anyhow, I liked the casting decisions - Anna Torv was good as the main female character. I actually liked the Joshua Jackson decision (which surprised me) but he really did pretty good, and while I just think he was doing a George Clooney impression the whole time, it worked and is a long way from "The Mighty Ducks" and "Dawsons Creek."
If you didn't watch the Pilot episode, it is airing again this Sunday night on Fox or you can go here: http://fox.com/fringe/ and watch the full episode now. Watch it and tell me what you think.

No comments: