Friday, September 12, 2008

Ike

I've been a little mentally consumed with Hurricane Ike, since they are now predicting a direct hit on Galveston and Houston. I am praying that Ike will dissipate as it draws near to land - but as I've been watching the Houston news (online) there is already parts of Galveston under feet of water. I've been watching the aerial tour of Galveston and my heart is heavy for the TX Gulf Coast. Both Allyson and Lauren were born in Galveston, so there is a lot of sentimental attachment to that town for me. I also know that none of our friends are planning to evacuate (probably because when everyone evacuated during hurricane rita people got stuck in vehicles for 20+ hours) so my prayer is for their safety and that the winds drop below 80 mph (hurricane force) by the time they reach Alvin, Pearland and Friendswood. Just as concerning is the storm surge, which I pray doesn't reach as far inland as all the "hurricane storm surge models" predict they will. Our thoughts and prayers are constantly being lifted up for everyone down there.

No comments: