Thursday, September 04, 2008

pyü-ˈa-ləp

Puyallup
We are going to be in Puyallup, WA visiting Amy’s family Sep. 16-24 and I am really excited! It will be a lot of fun to go up and see the family and if any Wood like to meet us up there, that would be awesome.
I wanted to share a list of some of my favorite Puyallup memories:
• I got married there (okay so it was Federal Way, but let’s not be legalistic).
• Drinking a beer with Larry.
• The time Rich said “bastard” in front of Jan, who tried to kick him for saying it, only he caught her foot and she fell on her backside (this sounds terrible, but it was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen).
• The time over Christmas break when Dawson Robb showed up and told us all he’s been doing over the break is watching all the Planet of the Apes movies. He then told us he would bring them over if we wanted to watch them. (The look on Amy’s face said she would rather self lance a face boil than have to watch a Planet of the Apes movie).
• When Amy and I were engaged, we went up for Christmas but she had to get back to Portland for work. I lived in the dorms at Cascade and didn’t have anywhere to stay so I stayed a few extra days in Puyallup. On a Monday night, there was a Monday Night Football party and afterwards I was in a car with Aaron, Dawson and Leon Likens. After we had dropped Leon off, I was in the backseat and we pulled up to drop Dawson off he busts out with: “All I know is that one of us is having sex soon and he isn’t in the front of the car.” I didn’t know Aaron very well then, so that was pretty awkward.
• Southern Kitchen
• We met the Chimahouskies (like I can spell that) to eat breakfast at Ma’s Place. We sat down to order and Larry announced that he would pay. So Erik jokes “sweet, you’re paying! Steak and Eggs!” We all laughed, but when the waitress came over he asks “so how are your steak and eggs…okay I’ll have that.” He really ordered it.
• Fleeing there when we were evacuated from Houston (hurricane Rita).
• Many other good memories of spending time with family, playing games, going to movies and feeling abundantly blessed.

7 comments:

James T Wood said...

I'll see what we can work out . . . We are going to Discovery Lab right after that, so it's going to be busy, but we will try for all we are worth.

It's Eric Cimuchowski, c'mon it's not like Mike Krzyzewski or anything.

Jan Redelsperger said...

I seem to remember some other young man calling me that "B" word one time. Hmmmm, I wonder who that was? Some mother-in-laws would not have taken it as well as I did.....

Anonymous said...

Jan - I'm pretty sure I never called you that, just said it to you.

rich jandt said...

How odd, I will just so happen to be in seattle sept 19-22 for my brother's wedding.

I bet it would be impossable to hook up at some point.

rich jandt said...

there was also the time I was saying a cuss over and over again in the front of the gold van, and Jan was socking me everytime I said it.

I can't remember the cuss though.

Justin said...

Rich - it would be so awesome to see you, but it is understandable if you are busy the whole time with wedding stuff. I need to send you my phone number.

rich jandt said...

Sarcasm, the word is dirived from two greek words. Sarks, meaning flesh and csism meaning to render.

I will make time to see you man.